Our client, based in rural Shropshire, requires a person to cut and aid design of the company’s products.
You could be:
- making sure work areas and equipment are clean
- deciding on the correct cutting method for the type of material
- preparing the fabric for cutting out by spreading it out in flat layers, smoothing out creases and checking the fabric for faults
- planning how much to cut from a piece of material so that there is not much waste
- placing the pattern on the fabric and marking round it
- cutting round the pattern using a computer controlled cutting machine, scissors or a special electric knife
- carefully cutting delicate materials by hand
- cutting as many as 150 layers of fabric at once, if you use a cutting machine
- storing fabrics correctly and checking stock levels.
- You will work in the cutting room of a factory or workshop.
- The machines can be noisy.
- You will be doing a lot of bending, stretching and lifting. You will have to lift heavy rolls of fabric from stockrooms.
- You may use computer controlled cutting equipment and sharp tools.
- You may have to wear protective clothing.
- Check that finished work matches job sheet instructions
- Ensure that all products conform to Standards
- Keep stock control systems up to date and make sure inventories are accurate
- Liaise with suppliers where necessary
The ideal candidate will have a good eye for detail, be accurate in their work and have good dexterity.
Hours/Days: Monday to Thursday 8:30am – 5:00pm Friday 8:30am – 4:00pm
To apply for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV in Word format to Esme Hamblin firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01584 877677.
Working Solutions are acting as an agency on this position. We will expect you to bring evidence of Right to work in the UK if you are shortlisted for interview.
Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position or temporary assignment you’ll find us friendly and professional. Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Powys and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 25 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.