My client is a very well-respected firm of Chartered Land Surveyors and Geospatial Engineers with an excellent reputation established over 30 years in business. Based in Telford, Shropshire they focus on providing an innovative and professional service to clients over a wide range of market sectors in the UK and overseas. These market sectors include; rail and road, urban and rural development, infrastructure etc.
As a Senior Land Surveyor, you will be travelling to various sites across the UK, always working as part of a small, friendly, dynamic team of surveyors. You will travel in a company vehicle and often work away being provided with hotel accommodation, food and other tax-free allowances. Salary offered will depend upon your experience and knowledge of Surveying / Geomatics and the maximum salary includes allowances and overtime.
Our client has a first-class reputation for collaborative working relationships with their customers to provide the data and service they need. They strive to lead the market in digital surveying and service delivery, adding value to customers at every stage of the mapping and surveying journey through an agile and dynamic approach. Their expertise is in creating flexible/bespoke/relevant/focussed solutions to complex mapping/surveying challenges.
Our client has a dynamic and cohesive team of surveyors who have a wide range of survey skills and are looking to expand this team and provide an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Senior Land Surveyor who has 4+ years' experience.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to become an important part of a survey consultancy with solid foundations. The excellent training and commitment to career progression offered will provide good prospects for a long career with my client who are Silver Investors In People.
As a Senior Land Surveyor, you should have the ability to plan and execute small to medium-sized projects and manage timescales. You will be required to efficiently organise and maintain field survey teams and equipment to complete project tasks. A Senior Surveyor must be able to work methodically on their own initiative, problem solve and liaise with clients when necessary. You should have the ability to communicate with clients and colleagues in a professional manner and brief other members of the survey team. A Senior Surveyor needs to have the ability to work independently and as part of a larger team. You need to be prepared to work in high-pressure environments, maintaining composure in order to deliver to deadlines. Flexibility in working hours, the willingness to travel and to work outside in adverse weather conditions are all essential requirements of this role. This role will consist of 70% site to 30% office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work without direct day to day supervision and make technical and supervisory decisions for projects assigned within specified limits of authority
- Manage and undertake Topographical surveys
- Capture 3D Point Cloud data using various techniques such as terrestrial, rail mounted and vehicle-mounted laser scanners
- Experience with robotic total stations, static and Network RTK GNSS receivers, optical and digital levelling
- Processing ability in a range of the following software’s; N4CE, AutoCAD, Cyclone, Trimble Business Centre and Starnet
- The ability to prepare and process final CAD and point cloud deliverables
- You will be working in the following environments; rail, highways, aviation, buildings and utilities
- Planning and managing your own time and the team diary to ensure all sites needs can be met efficiently
- During the induction period, you will obtain your CSCS and PTS as a minimum requirement
Skills & Qualifications required:
- A relevant technical degree in surveying or a related discipline, with experience in a similar role, however, candidates with suitable skills and proven experience will be considered.
- Over five years’ experience in Land surveying experience in various sectors of the construction industry
- Proficient in the use of Trimble / Leica Total stations & GNSS
- Proficient in the use N4ce, AutoCAD, Cyclone, Trimble Business Centre and Starnet (Desirable)
- Excellent numeracy with the ability to make mathematical calculations and to understand and interpret data
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate at all levels
- Proficient IT skills using Microsoft office
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Commitment to working safely with good health and safety awareness
- The ability to provide training and support to junior team members
- The desire to develop within a team-orientated environment
- Full UK Driving Licence
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a generous benefits scheme, a training programme and a competitive salary based on your experience, skills and qualifications.
If you have relevant qualifications, live within commuting distance of Telford or happy to relocate, have a full driving licence and good communication skills please email your CV to Julia@workingsolutions.co.uk at Working Solutions in Ludlow or phone us on 01584 877677 to discuss further.
Working Solutions are acting as an agency on this position and only those candidates able to work in the UK are eligible to apply. Please note if this role is not quite right for you, but you are considering a move, I encourage you to still get in contact to discuss your next ideal move.
Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position or temporary assignment you’ll find us friendly and professional. Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Powys and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 25 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.