The key role of a Supply Chain Planner:
- To ensure stock is available in a timely manner to hit customer and business delivery deadlines
- To track materials from ordering through to disposal management
- Competency with Sage 200
- To interface with and support teams within the company to help satisfy customer requirements
- Maintain the MPS for all manufactured products in line with customer requirements and available capacity via regular reviews of the MPS and daily management of orders
- Produce a production plan on a weekly basis for manufacture the following week, ensuring maximum customer satisfaction and best production efficiency
- Review MRP and place purchase orders as required by the business.
- Develop good working relationships with key suppliers
- Investigate and resolve all purchased part, material stock and delivery queries
- Ensure BOMs and master data is accurately set up within Sage 200, to drive correct decision making and financial accuracy
- Look for ways in which to reduce costs for the company
- Ensure production stock levels are managed within agreed levels, and any exposed areas whether high or low are managed appropriately
- Provide data and reporting as required
- Support individual/company projects as required
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation
- Be willing and able to meet suppliers and find alternative ones
- To maintain confidentiality about the Company’s activities, policies and development work
- To comply with Health and Safety regulations as laid down by the company’s health and safety policy.
If you are a self starter with at least 2 years’ experience in a logistics/planning/buyer role then we would love to hear from you. Our client is available to interview at short notice and will make an offer quickly for the right candidate.
Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 8:30am - 5:30pm & Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm. MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL TO VISIT SUPPLIERS OCCASIONALLY
Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position or temporary assignment you’ll find us friendly and professional. Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 26 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.