World leading manufacturer of electronics systems working across a broad range of sectors is looking to recruit a Customs Compliance and Procurement Administrator to join their busy team at their Powys site. The clients systems have been used in Medical Devices, Aerospace, Space Systems and Telecoms on internationally recognised projects. This exciting role is an immediate need and the client is looking to take on the right candidate now.
This is a key role within the business. The position will have responsibility for both the development and maintenance of the Customs Compliance and indirect procurement function within the business unit. The role demands both exceptional communication and collaboration skills along with strong import/export expertise.
The Customs Compliance and Procurement Administrator will support the facility in managing import and export compliance related processes at the Powys site with support from both and US trade compliance teams, in addition to working on Corporate Procurement initiatives.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain uniform standard operating procedures pertaining to Customs Compliance for import and export activities, including Post Entry Review, HTS Classification, Country of Origin, Valuation & Preference.
- Liaise internally and work directly with clearance agents to provide accurate and compliant Customs clearance instructions for both import and export, ensuring completed entries are audited, and corrected wherever applicable.
- Provide advice and guidance to employees within the organisation with regards to Customs compliance associated to international transactions.
- Responsible for providing interpretation and advice with UK Customs regulations, as well as providing regular communications regarding changes in these regulations.
- Identifying potential areas of import/export customs compliance vulnerability and risk within the organisation. Evaluate, investigate and mitigate potential risks along with company corporate personnel
- Ensure standard product commodity codes and Country of Origins and Customs Valuations are accurately assigned to parts and products.
- Act as a point of contact for any internal or external audits related to Customs compliance.
- Identify all training needs within the organisation with regards to export/import Customs compliance and ensure annual training requirements are met for these responsible, providing training locally where appropriate with the support of the SCCM and CITC.
- Periodic Self Assessments, implementing corrective actions as required. Including HS Classification, Country of Origin, Valuation, Entry Samples and Broker review.
- Ensure complete and through records are kept and efficiently maintained for all imports/exports and data element evidencing, in line with the HMRC regulations and company
- Operating within the company's Corporate Approval requirements the Procurement administration role will involve
- Converting Purchase Requisitions (PRs) into Purchase Orders (POs)
- Placing POs with suppliers
- Liaison with Shared Services and Suppliers.
- Monitoring and expediting supplier deliveries.
- Administration and Filing of key Purchasing Documents.
- Deputising and holiday cover for Procurement Manager
- Utilisation and operation of the ERP system
- Implementation of Corporate Procurement initiatives.
No specific qualifications required but university degree would be advantageous
The successful candidate is likely to have experience in the area of Customs compliance.
Experience and Skills Required
- Strong knowledge / experience of Customs regulations for import and export compliance, policies, documentation and processes
- Detailed knowledge of HTS and HMRC Customs Procedure Codes
- Knowledge of Free Trade Agreements
- Understanding of export controls as they apply to general commercial product lines.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Excels at and enjoys problem solving
- Strong computer skills, ERP skills a plus
If you think that you might be a good fit for this exciting role then please get in touch immediately as the client are looking to fill this role quickly. Email your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01584 877 677 to speak with Esme James.
Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position or temporary assignment you’ll find us friendly and professional. Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 26 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful however, we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities