Our client operates as a market leader in mobile mapping and Geomatic surveying. They focus on larger scale projects using the latest digital technology with a mission to deliver a professional and personal service, regulated at all times by RICS controls and underpinned by strong ethical standards.
They are in a period of continued, planned growth in existing sectors and areas of expertise combined with rapid expansion into new and leading-edge areas of the mapping and engineering process. They promote the power and benefits of collaboration, partnership, people and technology through best practice and intuitive and synergised solutions.
As a Senior Land Surveyor, you should have the ability to plan and execute small to medium-sized projects and manage timescales. You will be required to efficiently organise and maintain field survey teams and equipment to complete project tasks. A Senior Surveyor must be able to work methodically on their own initiative, problem solve and liaise with clients when necessary. A Senior Surveyor needs to have the ability to work independently and as part of a larger team. You need to be prepared to work in high-pressure environments, maintaining composure in order to deliver to deadlines. Flexibility in working hours, the willingness to travel and to work outside in adverse weather conditions are all essential requirements of this role. This role will consist of 70% site to 30% office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work without direct day to day supervision and make technical and supervisory decisions for projects assigned within specified limits of authority
- Manage and undertake Topographical surveys
- Capture 3D Point Cloud data using various techniques such as terrestrial, rail mounted and vehicle-mounted laser scanners
- Experience with robotic total stations, static and Network RTK GNSS receivers, optical and digital levelling
- Processing ability in a range of the following software’s; N4CE, AutoCAD, Cyclone, Trimble Business Centre and Starnet
- The ability to prepare and process final CAD and point cloud deliverables
- You will be working in the following environments; rail, highways, aviation, buildings and utilities
- Planning and managing your own time and the team diary to ensure all sites needs can be met efficiently
- During the induction period, you will obtain your CSCS and PTS as a minimum requirement
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- A relevant technical degree in surveying or a related discipline, with experience in a similar role, however, candidates with suitable skills and proven experience will be considered.
- Over five years’ experience in Land surveying experience in various sectors of the construction industry
- Proficient in the use of Trimble / Leica Total stations & GNSS
- Proficient in the use N4ce, AutoCAD, Cyclone, Trimble Business Centre and Starnet (Desirable)
- Excellent numeracy with the ability to make mathematical calculations and to understand and interpret data
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate at all levels
- Proficient IT skills using Microsoft office
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Commitment to working safely with good health and safety awareness
- The ability to provide training and support to junior team members
- The desire to develop within a team-orientated environment
- Full UK Driving Licence
The ideal candidate will be rewarded with a generous benefits scheme, a training programme and a competitive salary based on your experience, skills and qualifications.
Basic Salary: £27,000.00-£38,000.00 per year. There are plenty of weekend overtime opportunities for additional potential earnings up to approximately an additional £3,000.
Benefits for Land Surveyors include:
- Optional overtime at weekends
- Healthcare plan
- Site Allowance
- Half price gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company events
- Company pension
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Wellness programmes
To apply for this exciting role please get in touch as the client are looking to fill this role quickly. Email your most up to date CV to Julia@workingsolutions.co.uk or call 01584 877677 to speak with Julia Hughes
Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position or temporary assignment you’ll find us friendly and professional. Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 26 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.