Instrumentation and Monitoring Manager – Telford Base
£30,000 - £40,000 PA DOE plus up to £4,000 in overtime
Shropshire based leaders in Geomatic Surveying are looking to hire an Instrumentation and Monitoring Manager into their business due to expansion of their projects and planned growth in the business in both new and existing sectors. The client is an innovator in new technology and have re-invented conventional digital surveying techniques in line with tired and tested quality and safety systems.
The I&M team specialise in forecasting and measuring behaviour and health of civil infrastructure using both established and innovative methods and technologies. Working with clients you will develop and implement Instrumentation and Monitoring systems to baseline performance, detect behaviour and mitigate risk of failure. You will have a strong background in the planning and execution of projects and manage their time scales. Due to the nature of the work you must be able to work on your own initiative to methodically solve problems and liaise with clients when needed. With this role excellent communication skills are required to deal with both clients and colleagues to brief them on development sin the project. This is a high pressure role so you must be confident and have a natural aptitude for delivering deadlines.
- A relevant technical degree in surveying or a related discipline, with experience in a similar role, however, candidates with suitable skills and proven experience will be considered.
- Over five years’ experience in Land surveying experience in various sectors of the construction industry
- Proficient in the use of Trimble / Leica Total stations & GNSS
- Proficient in the use N4ce, AutoCAD, Cyclone, Trimble Business Centre and Starnet (Desirable)
- Excellent numeracy with the ability to make mathematical calculations and to understand and interpret data
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate at all levels
- Proficient IT skills using Microsoft office
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Commitment to working safely with good health and safety awareness
- The ability to provide training and support to junior team members
- The desire to develop within a team-orientated environment
PTS and CSCS accreditations are required, so willingness to complete is essential. You must be aware that due to the nature of the work you must be able to drive with a full UK driving licence and be willing to take and pass regular drug and alcohol screening. Flexibility in working hours, the willingness to travel and to work outside in adverse weather conditions are all essential requirements of this role. This role will be primarily site based and consist of night shifts, Monday to Thursday night with overtime opportunities at the weekend.
In return for this the client offers a comprehensive benefits package and an annual bonus based on company performance. If you think that you might be a good fit for this exciting role then please get in touch immediately as the client are looking to fill this role quickly. Email your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01584 877 677 to speak with Guy.
Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position or temporary assignment you’ll find us friendly and professional. Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 26 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful however, we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities