Software Support Analyst
£18,000 - £25,000 / Permanent / Full Time
Our client is the UK’s leading supplier of event management and student accommodation software to the higher education sector. Their team works out of Milton Keynes (HQ) and Ludlow offices and from a US office, and they're growing at around 15% per annum. They're owned by Constellation Software Inc., one of the largest software groups in the world, providing fantastic opportunities for benchmarking, sharing best practice and learning.
Our client proudly supports 84% of UK and Irish universities, 60 universities in North America, as well as other unique venues with their deep and powerful software offering. The culture is one of passion, drive and fun where everyone pulls together to deliver an outstanding customer experience, growth and profit.
Our client is committed to supporting the personal development of every staff member and build on individual strengths, providing options for career progression across the business.
The support team is passionate about what they do, with a genuine care and attention to detail that runs throughout the company and everything they do.
In this role you will be the voice of the business providing support for our client's products, dealing with fantastic customers day to day, so you must be confident talking with different users and ensuring they feel happy with each outcome.
There's lots to learn and dive into from the get go. You will deal with a variety of issues; from simple password resets to more investigative issues, giving you the chance to learn more and more about the products.
- Monitor new cases entered by customers using a web-based customer portal
- Accurately log email support requests onto Support System
- Carry out initial investigation of new cases
- Manage client support requirements in priority order
- Timely and appropriate escalation of calls to relevant expertise
- Timely, accurate and appropriate communication with Clients to ensure they are kept informed of actions being taken
- Flag potential failures against SLAs in a timely fashion to enable escalation
- Resolve logged calls to pre-agreed internal or client SLA
- On-going maintenance of accurate and detailed client records on Support System to ensure all other staff understand actions, decisions and communication
- Timely and accurate communication with Account Managers and Project Managers to ensure they understand client status or risks
You do not require a driving licence, or prior product knowledge. Our client is keen to recruit someone to join their team who is keen to build on their capabilities, hungry to learn, with strong customer service skills - able to speak clearly and with strong listening skills for technical information together with a love of IT.
Technical Skills and Capabilities:
- Good understanding of basic IT infrastructure terms and concepts.
- Basic knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Basic HTML knowledge.
If you don’t have these competencies, you must have the aptitude to learn. You must be able to demonstrate a strong interest in IT and proof of applying it. You will also be asked to take some online tests to assess your attention to detail and technical aptitudes.
These are some of the personal skills that will be useful in this role:
- Asking questions
- Communication (Verbal / Non-verbal and Written)
- Active listening
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
What is in it for you?
- Being part of a vibrant, supportive and dynamic team and working within an exciting industry
- Performance bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday annually and public holidays in addition
- Company contribution to pension
- Excellent training and support with natural potential to develop further
- When fully trained there is an option to work on a hybrid basis (2 days in the office per week)
- A company portal of staff benefits, which is customisable by you including private health care, life assurance, personal development, cinema tickets, wide range of discounts at retailers and much more!
Our client provides excellent working environments at its offices, including kitchens with free tea, coffee and refreshments. Their social committee organises activities and events. All staff have access to a flexible benefits package.
SALARY: £18,000 – £25,000 (negotiable) + free parking
If you think that you might be a good fit for this exciting role then please get in touch immediately as the client are looking to fill this role quickly. Email your most up to date CV to Julia@workingsolutions.co.uk or call 01584 877677 to speak with Julia.
Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position or temporary assignment you’ll find us friendly and professional. Located in central Ludlow, Shropshire we focus on jobs in the West Midlands and UK-wide. Working Solutions has been established for 27 years and with the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 7 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful however, we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.